Make Your Own Lace Veil Long Cathedral Length
Instructions DIY Your own Wedding Veil
Single Layer Lace edge Veil
The kit comes with the precut long lace edge veil, and a separate 7cm hair comb.
You will need : Pins, needle and white thread, tape measure
The Chloe and Claire veil are meant to be worn as a single layer, with the lace starting on the top of the head, and going all the way round. The lace has one side different to the other, so it works better as a single layer mantilla style veil.
Your veil has two long sides, and two shorter sides. The short side (doesn’t matter which) is for the top of the head.
1. Lay your veil out flat, with the prettiest side of the veil facing down on the floor.
2. Find the middle of the top centre of the veil, and mark with a pin.
3. The comb you are going to use is 7cm wide, so measure 3.5cm either side of your centre pin, and mark with pins.
Measure 5cm down between the pins, and run a line of tacking stitches between the two.
4. Leave your needle threaded, whilst you place the comb on the line of stitches and attach with a couple of pins. The comb should be facing inwards, so that it can be pushed down into the hair.
5. Attach the comb to the veil by sewing between each tooth. Sew the length of the comb, then double back to make it secure. Finish ends securely.
Please feel free to email us with any questions on email@example.com. We are not sewing experts, but we do have years of experience with veils in general, we will try to help!
See Rock My Wedding Cathedral Veil Tutorial if you decide to go this totally alone without the kit.